Proteome of the nervous system after
morphine administration

How to change different accession numbers to accession number from the UniProt Database?

If your protein is described by NCBI accession number, or genInfo identifier (gi number), you have to change it to UniProt accession number.
  1. Go for the NCBI web site ( 
  2. In the field “Search” choose “Protein”, and write your accession number.
  3. You will get the data about this particular protein, including its sequence.
  4. Copy the sequence and insert it into the BLAST window ( 
  5. Run Blast
  6. As a result you will get a list of best-matched proteins, and at a beginning you should obtain your protein described by Swiss-Prot accession number.
  7. There are two types of Swiss-Prot accession numers: 
  • reviewed (Swiss-prot marked with orange mark) - manually annotated and reviewed by UniProtKB curators, and 
  • unreviewed (TrEMBL marked with blue mark). 
Usually reviewed accession numbers were used in the database.

< Back